By: Barbara Hotko, RN; Jeff Morris, MD, MBA, FACS, FRCS(C)
WHEN YOU IMPROVE THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE, QUALITY AND PRACTICE PERFORMANCE IMPROVE, TOO.
Plenty of evidence shows that patient experience and clinical quality are two sides of the same coin. You already want to provide the best possible care. And now that Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems is here, there’s a new reason to focus on patient perception: CG CAHPS will impact ACOs, PQRSs, PCMHs, and many other programs, and survey results will link to payments in 2015.
But it’s not just about maximizing reimbursement. Taking action right now to improve CG CAHPS results can immediately create an environment that helps maximize efficiency, keeps patients happy and healthy, sparks growth, and reduces the likelihood of litigation. The CG CAHPS Handbook—written by Jeff Morris, MD, MBA, FACS; Barbara Hotko, RN, MPA; and Matthew Bates, MPH—will help. It is your guide for consistently delivering on what matters most to patients and their families and for providing exceptional care and improved clinical outcomes.
You will discover:
- How to engage and partner with patients for a true shared care agenda to increase compliance and impact clinical outcomes
- Tactics to help you improve patient access without adding additional staff
- Tips for managing patient expectations from the minute they walk into the reception area until you follow up with test results
- Best practices to help adjust and refine the steps you are already doing to maximize effectiveness
- Tactics to help you zero-in on the core questions for the CG CAHPS composites that will impact every survey and improve your results
The CG CAHPS survey has major implications for your future. Much like the HCAHPS survey, it gives patients and payers standardized comparative data that enables them to make informed decisions when choosing their healthcare providers. CMS, states, and private payers are working to collect and make CG CAHPS results public. Now is the time to be preparing your providers and their practices to excel in the patient experience.